Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Organization Thursday: 5 Writing Desks Under $100

I use grammarly's plagiarism checker because all hail the glow cloud.


As a gift for graduating high school, my parents gave me an heirloom writing desk. It is my prized possession - it has all sorts of drawers and hideaway places for pens and paper and index cards. I've written thousands of words sitting at it; it is probably my very favorite thing!

Unfortunately, at the moment I live in a Very Small Space. My desk won't fit in my tiny room, and I'm sort of obsessed with pretty writing desks - so here are some affordable ones I found that might also work for you!


Normally lap desks aren't my favorite thing for writing - they're useful for getting on your computer when all you've got is a bed, but they aren't much for storage and most of them aren't that attractive. This one though is a gorgeous wood, AND it's got a flip top/built-in drawer. If you haven't got a lot of space at all, you should definitely look into getting something like this! 



Furinno Compact Computer Desk - Amazon - $35

This one is adorbz! I'm a little in love with the bookcase/shelf bit on the side, and not to mention, it's only thirty-five bucks, and perfect for small spaces! You can get it on Amazon, and if you have Amazon Prime, two-day shipping's free. (Hint: It's free to get a one-month trial of Amazon Prime.)

This is the desk I used all throughout college. It's $40, but I distinctly remember finding it on the clearance aisle for $20, so keep an eye out when at your local Wal-Mart - you might just get a deal! It's got two shelves great for storing, especially if you get some storage boxes or large file folders to keep there. 

Sauder Hutch for Computer Desk - Office Max - $70
This one is gorgeous! Not exactly small-space friendly, but definitely a lot of value for what you're getting. If you've got enough space, I would definitely look into this - lots of places for books and storage! 

LASSE Desk with Bookcase - Ikea - $75



I couldn't resist flipping through Ikea - aside from my love affair with writing desks, my broader love affair with furniture in general just wouldn't let me pass it by. I like to go for desks that have storage for all my boxes of notecards and drafts, and this one was the loveliest! Available to buy online, when a lot of Ikea products have to be purchased at the store.





No comments:

Post a Comment